These remain uncertain and challenging times for businesses, their staff and families.
Communities are welcoming the careful reopening of businesses, but recognize that we all continue to live with the impacts of COVID-19. FBA is here to help guide you through the processes in place to help us do with safety a priority.
Have any questions or concerns? Please reach out to us – we can connect you with one of our trusted advisors who are here to help you better address important issues for you, your family and your business.
View our advisor listing
Family Business Atlantic is made up of businesses just like yours, and we’re here to support and guide you as we slowly regain some normalcy within our businesses and our families. If there’s one thing we know about entrepreneurs, it’s that you’re innovative! Our members want to hear from you – share the initiatives your company is implementing during the pandemic through our social media, Facebook & LinkedIn, or email us so we can allow others to learn from your experiences. Stay connected with us and please know you are not alone.
- Business Reopening Guidelines
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Suppliers
- Halifax Chamber Reopening Toolkit
- Regional Relief and Recovery Fund
- Marked Safe *Contact us for your 10% FBA Discount Code
- Student Work Placement Program / Student support
- Pandemic (COVID-19) Industry Tip Sheets
- Dine & Shop Around – your resource for eateries and shops open for delivery/curbside pickup within HRM restaurants
- Step up for Local
- Economic Response Plan – Support for Businesses
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit – EXTENDED BY 8 WEEKS
- Support for Large Employers
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) – EXPANDED ACCESS!
- Federal Support for Businesses
- Provincial Worker Emergency Bridge Fund
- Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance – applications open May 25
- Small Business Credit and Support Program
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy / Wage Subsidy Calculator
- Tax Filing
- Work Sharing Program
- BDC: Summary Support for Canadian Businesses *updated weekly
- Apply for EI
- COVID-19 Rent Deferral Guarantee Program – Extended to June 26
- Small Business Loan Guarantee Program
- Province of Nova Scotia Updates
- Government of Canada Updates: 1-833-784-4397
- Business Navigators – 1-844-628-7347 , 902-424-4475 or by email [email protected]cotia.ca
- Additional resources (blog posts & more)
Stay tuned for more upcoming webinars!
Missed one of our webinars? Click the links below to watch or listen to one of our previous sessions.
- RBC Analysis of COVID-19
- Credit Union: Small Business & Support Program
- Small Business Impact Grant
- Government introduces Canada Emergency Response Benefit to help workers and businesses
- Steps to manage cash flow and financial headwinds
- COVID-19: Government and economic resources
- How an estate freeze can help
Quick Bank Links
Ingage HR: Navigating COVID-19
Work from home tip: Organize Anything
Swain CPA – We Love Small Business, VLOG
Pandemic tip sheets
Finding the way forward: Guiding businesses through coronavirus (COVID-19)
Strategies to help businesses respond to COVID-19
Canadians Reaction and Feelings around COVID-19
SMUEC offers free virtual strategy sessions
RECORDING – APEC: Assessing the Potential Economic Impacts for Atlantic Canada
Strategy Up: Special Crisis Offers
- Business Valuations during COVID-19
- Top 12 Risks of Business Fraud and Misconduct During COVID-19
- Family Office – Ways Business Families Can Manage Risks
- Tax Planning Tips During an Economic Slowdown
- Pathway Through the Pandemic: Prioritizing and Navigating the Most Critical Business Risks