These are uncertain and challenging times for businesses, their staff and families.
With so much information breaking every day, it can be difficult to keep track & make sense of it all. To relieve some of the pressure, we’ve been working with our members to compile the most recent information on government services & other support networks available to you. Information is updated as additional details unfold.
If there’s one thing we know about entrepreneurs, it’s that you’re innovative! Our members want to hear from you – share the initiatives your company is implementing during the pandemic through our social media, Facebook & LinkedIn, or email us so we can allow others to learn from your experiences.
During this time of information overload, you’re encouraged to reach out to our trusted advisors – they’re here to help you better address important issues for you, your family and your business.
View our advisor listing.
- Business Reopening Guidelines
- Economic Response Plan – Support for Businesses
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit
- Halifax Chamber Reopening Toolkit
- Support for Large Employers
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
- Federal Support for Businesses
- Regional Relief and Recovery Fund
- Provincial Worker Emergency Bridge Fund
- Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance – applications open May 25
- Small Business Credit and Support Program
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy / Wage Subsidy Calculator
- Tax Filing
- Work Sharing Program
- Student Work Placement Program / Student support
- BDC: Summary Support for Canadian Businesses *updated weekly
- Apply for EI
- COVID-19 Rent Deferral Guarantee Program – Extended to June 26
- Small Business Loan Guarantee Program
- Province of Nova Scotia Updates
- Government of Canada Updates: 1-833-784-4397
- Business Navigators – 1-844-628-7347 , 902-424-4475 or by email [email protected]
- Pandemic (COVID-19) Industry Tip Sheets
- Additional resources (blog posts & more)
- Dine & Shop Around – your resource for eateries and shops open for delivery/curbside pickup within HRM restaurants
FBA Staying Connected:
What Drives Business Owners and Their Staff? –Growing Talent Resilience Through a Crisis
June 11, 9:00am – 11:00am
TOURISM NOVA SCOTIA WEBINARS
Tourism Nova Scotia is offering weekly webinar training and information sessions to help support tourism businesses and organizations adapt to the evolving tourism environment, enhance quality and competitiveness and prepare to welcome visitors when the time is right.
Mapping Your Reactivation – Tools to get your Business Operational Again
June 9, 9:30am – 10:30am
Hosted by Jordi Morgan, VP Atlantic CFIB and feature Matt Symes, the Chief Executive Officer of Symplicity and the founder of Marked Safe.
Missed one of our webinars? Click the links below to watch or listen to one of our previous sessions.
- RBC Analysis of COVID-19
- Credit Union: Small Business & Support Program
- Small Business Impact Grant
- Government introduces Canada Emergency Response Benefit to help workers and businesses
- Steps to manage cash flow and financial headwinds
- COVID-19: Government and economic resources
- How an estate freeze can help
Quick Bank Links
Ingage HR: Navigating COVID-19
Work from home tip: Organize Anything
Swain CPA – We Love Small Business, VLOG
Pandemic tip sheets
Finding the way forward: Guiding businesses through coronavirus (COVID-19)
Strategies to help businesses respond to COVID-19
Canadians Reaction and Feelings around COVID-19
SMUEC offers free virtual strategy sessions
RECORDING – APEC: Assessing the Potential Economic Impacts for Atlantic Canada
Strategy Up: Special Crisis Offers
- Business Valuations during COVID-19
- Top 12 Risks of Business Fraud and Misconduct During COVID-19
- Family Office – Ways Business Families Can Manage Risks
- Tax Planning Tips During an Economic Slowdown
- Pathway Through the Pandemic: Prioritizing and Navigating the Most Critical Business Risks